Privacy & Cookies
Date: 25 May 2018
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
This web site http://www.balearic-villas.com, with registered offices at Vía Pollentia, 3 – bajos in 07460 Pollensa – Balearic Islands Spain and Spanish VAT registration number ES-B57821738.
Contact: [email protected]
Phone number +34 971 765 303
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, a copy of your passport or ID-card, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
3. How do we use your information?
- In order to process your booking we will use your name, address and, if you have chosen this way of payment, your credit card details
- Use your details for communication and for managing your booking by sending you notifications
- For managing your booking we may have to share some of the information provided with different service providers
- The local police might ask us to disclose information of all the tenants who are sharing your holiday home. Should this be the case we will specifically request this additional information from you via phone or email.
- Sharing your information with data processor companies: These are companies that provide a specific business function to Balearic Villas and we will share the minimal information necessary with them in order for them to complete their function. These functions include: administration, providing services, customer care, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about newsletters, promotions as well as products and services from our sister company Balearic Properties Real Estate, SL. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
- We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, copy of your passport or ID-card, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking and/or services you have requested.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you, including offers by our sister company Balearic Properties Real Estate, SL. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
By booking with us you agree for us to use your name, email address, phone number(s) to tell you about our own products and services, including products and services of our sister company Balearic Properties Real Estate, SL, which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they are enabled to provide the service you have requested. Please note that if you withdraw your consent for any of the points mentioned within this document, we may be obliged to cancel your booking according to our terms.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
5. Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- owners of or agents for villas, apartments and townhouses ;
- credit/debit card companies;
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services, for example, additional rental item providers, management companies, car hire companies and other suppliers;
- We may also disclose your personal data without your permission, upon request only, to government institutions and the local police who legally require us to pass on certain information in relation to your booking.
6. Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to [email protected] or contact us at Balearic Villas, Vía Pollentia, 3 bajos, 07460 Pollensa, Balearic Islands - Spain, or call on: +34 971 765 303
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Balearic Villas, Vía Pollentia, 3 bajos, 07460 Pollensa, Balearic Islands - Spain or by email to [email protected]
9. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
10. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
11. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Thank you for trusting in Balearic Villas
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to a user’s computer when the user visits certain web pages. The functions of cookies include enabling a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way in which the computer is used, can be used to recognise the user. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, offering many advantages in the provision of interactive services, making browsing on and usability of our website much easier. The information provided below will help users understand about the different types of cookies:
Types de cookies
|ACCORDING TO THE ORGANISATION THAT
|Own cookies||Compiled by the website editor to provide the service requested by the user|
|Third-party cookies||Compiled and managed by a third party. Cannot be considered own cookie|
|ACCORDING TO THE TIME THEY
|Session cookies||Compile data while user is browsing the Internet to provide the requested service|
|Persistent cookies||Stored in the terminal and the information obtained is used by the cookie manager to provide the requested service|
|ACCORDING TO ITS END USE||Technical cookies||Necessary so that users can properly browse the web|
|Personalisation cookies||Make features (language) available to users for browsing the website|
|Analysis cookies||Enables service provider an analysis of user browsing to monitor use of website and compile statistics on most visited pages, number of visitors, etc.|
|Advertising cookies||Enables website editor to include advertising spaces on the website, according to website content|
|Behavioural advertising cookies||Enables website editor to include advertising spaces on the website according to information obtained through the user's browsing habits|
In compliance with Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, dated 11 July, on Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), BALEARIC HOLIDAY VILLAS SL hereby notifies the cookies used on our website:
|Behavioural advertising cookies|
BALEARIC HOLIDAY VILLAS SL informs the user that they can set their browser to be informed when cookies are received and may, if desired, prevent cookies from being installed on the hard drive.
Below we have provided links to various browsers, which can be used to perform this configuration:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US
- Opera: http://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/