A cookie is a file that is downloaded to a user’s computer when the user visits certain web pages. The functions of cookies include enabling a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way in which the computer is used, can be used to recognise the user. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, offering many advantages in the provision of interactive services, making browsing on and usability of our website much easier. The information provided below will help users understand about the different types of cookies.
- Own cookies: Compiled by the website editor to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Compiled and managed by a third party. Cannot be considered own cookie.
- Session cookies: Compile data while user is browsing the Internet to provide the requested service
- Persistent cookies: Stored in the terminal and the information obtained is used by the cookie manager to provide the requested service
- Technical cookies: Necessary so that users can properly browse the web
- Personalisation cookies: Make features (language) available to users for browsing the website
- Analysis cookies: Enables service provider an analysis of user browsing to monitor use of website and compile statistics on most visited pages, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Enables website editor to include advertising spaces on the website, according to website content
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Enables website editor to include advertising spaces on the website according to information obtained through the user’s browsing habits
In compliance with Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, dated 11 July, on Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), BALEARIC HOLIDAY VILLAS SL hereby notifies the cookies used on our website:
- Technical cookies: own and persistent
- Analysis cookies: third-party, session and persistent
- Advertising cookies: own
BALEARIC HOLIDAY VILLAS SL informs the user that they can set their browser to be informed when cookies are received and may, if desired, prevent cookies from being installed on the hard drive.